Charlie Puth Talks “Attention,” New Album, Riverdale, And Eating Pizza


Charlie Puth released a new single called "Attention" off of his yet to be titled, sophomore album.

He called in to chat with CJ about his new single and to also get away from looking at the comments coming in on the video of fans trying to figure out if the song was about a particular female actress.

Seeking attention can be done a few different ways, but many seek instant attention on social media by posting edited photos of themselves to artificially inflate egos. Charlie said that wasn't the main goal of the song, but it can definitely be interpreted that way.

"I hope they have someone in their life that they can attatch it to [the single]," he said. "I think it's very relevant, nowadays, because everyone is freaking out as we talk because Instagram is currently down. Everyone is all, how am I gonna get my like or my comments, I mean even I fall into the whole thing."

He was reading the comments on the music video, just to see if people like it and he reiterated that that's not what the song is about, but it falls into a "really relevant time."

After discussing the release of the video for "Attention" and the fact that the female in the video seems to constantly be shown in red or pink as her surroundings are in blue or grey, Charlie shed some light on to why red was chosen as the artwork for the single.

He chose red because red grabs your attention. Stop lights are red, McDonald's is yellow and red which grabs your attention and makes you hungry. So it was strategically planned.

And, yes, attention grabbers will be somewhat of a theme on the new album.

"Yeah," he said. "It's about my experiences and how it altered my mindset while living in LA almost falling into the Hollywood stratosphere and having close family beside me and gently reaching their hand out and getting me out of it. Musically, its just a reflection on all those times."

Charlie was recently named one of Forbes' '30 Under 30′ and to him, it was a really cool honor.

"Yeah I was," he said. "Me and my dad were trying to find the magazins in Barnes And Noble but we didn't realize it came out a month later. "

He doesn't look at his life as in he's "rich" monetarily. But he feels he's rich in heart and music and that's what he wants to spread. He said accolades like that [Forbes] make him want to put out more music.

He'll be hitting the road this Summer with Shawn Mendes on the "Illuminate World Tour" and he said he and Shawn have made a pact to try and see as much of the city that they're in as possible.

"It's hard to do, but it's important to not sit inyour hotel room all day," he said.

However when he is stuck in his hotel room, he does watch some Netflix.

"You know that 'Riverdale' show with Madeline Petch and Cole Sprouse, I'm not binge watching it, but I like that show," he said. "I'm old school, I watch a lot of 'Friends' and 'Seinfeld.'

And when he can have a cheat meal, he tends to go for the pizza, which he eats backwards and dips in extra marinara sauce.

Source: www.bing.com


Related Posts To Charlie Puth Talks “Attention,” New Album, Riverdale, And Eating Pizza


Charlie Puth Talks “Attention,” New Album, Riverdale, And Eating Pizza Rating: 4.5 Posted by: Brot Trune

Search Here

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Recent Posts