2 Chainz Talks Custom Ewing Sneakers And Recording “Sacrifices” With Drake


2 Chainz is more than just a fashionable rapper, the Atlanta mainstay is recognized worldwide as a trendsetter. Even GQ pays to borrow some of the man's sauce for their most Expensive Shit video series.

READ: 2 Chainz Brings Ty Dolla $ign, Trey Songz & Jhene Aiko Together For "It's A Vibe"

His latest gift to brand name loving hip-hip fans is a custom designed Ewing Athletics 33 Hi sneaker. 2 Chainz added his own personalized touch to the already classic silhouette. "It's a timeless shoe really," 2 Chainz told VIBE at Harlem's Jimmy Jazz on Tuesday evening (March 21). "I just wanted to add my flavor to a sneaker that will never die. You will catch me in these Ewings all summer."

The rapper visited the 125th street location in New York City for a meet and greet with lucky fans. While posing for flicks and signing autographs, he also shed some details about his current recording process.

"My whole process with music has been vastly different over the past couple years," 2 Chainz describes. "I've been going through the whole day with massive thoughts on my mind and then going to the studio at night to release all my thoughts.

"It's a vibe!," says 2 Chainz about his latest single off Pretty Girls Like Trap Music, due April 7. "Shout out to Chase, Murda, G.O.O.D Music, and shout to California because that's where I recorded it at. My boy Trey Songz is on there, along with Ty Dolla and Jhene. It's very self explanatory."

READ: 2 Chainz & Erykah Badu's 'Pretty Girls Like Trap Music' Playlist

Chainz says he doesn't even preview the instrumental tracks ahead of recording time anymore He simply formulates all of his rhymes in a premeditated fashion before entering the studio. "I haven't even been listening to beats," says 2 Chainz. "My engineer just loads [the beat] up, and then you have a jamming ass song."

However, things weren't as easy when it came time to record his verse for "Sacrifices," track 12 from Drake's new album, More Life.

"It was fun, we [actually] did about 8 records to go for his project, and he wasn't satisfied, so I learned a lot about Drake from this process — from how serious he is about making history to what he does to create a 'staple.' I'm just happy that he picked me to be apart of "Sacrifices."

Source: www.bing.com


Related Posts To 2 Chainz Talks Custom Ewing Sneakers And Recording “Sacrifices” With Drake


2 Chainz Talks Custom Ewing Sneakers And Recording “Sacrifices” With Drake Rating: 4.5 Posted by: Brot Trune

Search Here

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Recent Posts