Watch Lecrae, Ty Dolla $ign Hang With Family in 'Blessings' Video


Lecrae looks back at his humble beginnings in the low-key video for Ty Dolla $ign collaboration "Blessings." The Grammy-winning Christian rapper hangs out at home with his family and friends, who play cards and pick-up basketball.

"I remember pushin' mama's little white Hyundai with no gas money," Lecrae reflects over a skittering trap beat. "I just bought a car, cash money/ I ain't even tryna brag on it/ I just tell it how it really is." Ty interjects on the silky chorus, proclaiming that every loss in life fuels a lesson.

The Texas-born Lecrae recently spoke to Rolling Stone about breaking through to a wider audience by collaborating with Ty. "I had just been a fan of his work then I came to find out he was a mutual fan of my work," he said. "I sent him a couple records. He liked some of them, and 'Blessings' was the one that stuck."

"Blessings" will appear on Lecreae's upcoming eighth LP, due out later this year. The single follows 2014's Anomaly and his breakthrough release, 2012's Gravity, which peaked at Number Three on the Billboard 200 and won Best Gospel Album at the 2013 Grammy Awards. 

Rapper Lecrae sat down with Rolling Stone to talk about his single "Blessings" and faith's place in hip-hop.

Source: www.bing.com


Related Posts To Watch Lecrae, Ty Dolla $ign Hang With Family in 'Blessings' Video


Watch Lecrae, Ty Dolla $ign Hang With Family in 'Blessings' Video Rating: 4.5 Posted by: Brot Trune

Search Here

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Recent Posts